This spring, you can join skiNorway in Arctic Norway for an exceptional ski-touring holiday along the Arctic Haute Route, sampling the region’s best ski-touring spots whilst sailing between Lofoten and Tromsø.
Summit to Sea Skiing on Norway’s Arctic Coast
Our Arctic Haute Route ski & sail holiday is the ultimate ski touring experience. It is designed to offer you the very best skiing along Norway’s north-west coast, with the added bonus of sailing along the iconic Arctic Haute Route. The cruise runs between the Lofoten Islands and Tromso, and visits some of Norway’s most spectacular islands for coastal ski touring.
A Unique Ski-Touring Holiday
The ascent/descent for each day will be handpicked based on your experience and ambitions, as well as the local snow and weather, to ensure you have the best conditions and the ultimate experience. Each evening you can enjoy a vibrant après ski atmosphere on the bow of the ship with a DJ providing the soundtrack as you make the journey to your next destination. Or if you’d rather take it easy, you can retire to one of the ship’s two lounges to relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
BOOK NOW, or see below for more information and departure dates for 2018.
Prices start from £2,985 which includes flights, transfers, 4 nights' full board accommodation, rib boat safari, certified guides and daily transport.
M/S Gamle Salten
- A classic ship which has sailed the Arctic Haute Route for many years.
- Comfortable standard
- Shared shower/WC facilities
- 19 double cabins
- 6 single cabins
- Max capacity: 44 guests
Fly from the UK via Oslo and arrive in Tromsø. Board your ship and settle into your cabin. Based on your experience and preference you will be assigned a guide who will brief you on the outlined itinerary for the duration of the holiday. Dinner on board. The ship will depart for Senja, sailing overnight.
Ski-touring in Senja
Breakfast on board the ship. Depart the ship for the start point of your day’s ascent/decent, which will be chosen by your guide according to your assigned group’s ambitions as well as the local weather and snow conditions. Ascent and descent durations vary, packed lunch on route. Return to the ship for après ski and dinner served on board while you enjoy the ship’s voyage to Andørja.
Ski-touring in Andørja
Breakfast on board the ship. Transfer to the start point of your hand-picked local ascent/descent, packed lunch on route. Return to the ship for après ski and dinner served on board. Ship departs for Lofoten in the evening with sailing through the night.
Ski-touring in Lofoten & Rib-Boat Safari
Breakfast on board the skip. Depart for your final’s day’s tour on the majestic Lofoten islands. During the afternoon, you will leave the ski touring behind and experience the rich wildlife by sea. The evening will be spent in your own private Rorbu cabin overlooking the harbour.
Transfer to Bodø/Svolvaer airport and your return flight to the UK via Oslo.
The itinerary shown is for the southbound cruise. The northbound cruise is reversed, it starts in Lofoten and finishes in Tromsø.
Departure Dates 2018
Northbound, Lofoten (Svolvær) to Tromsø:
- 5-8th April (sold out)
- 12-15th April (sold out)
- 19-22nd April (sold out)
Includes the destinations of Lofoten (Svolvær), Andørja, and Kvaløya outside of Tromsø.
Southbound, Tromsø to Lofoten (Svolvær):
- 8-12th April
- 15-19th April
- 22-26th April
Includes the destinations of Senja, Andørja and Lofoten (Svolvær).
Departures to/from Tromsø or Svolvær/Bodø airport via Oslo are available to/from a range of UK airports. Please contact your skiNorway expert for more information on departure airports.
Your Kit List
What you'll need for your Arctic Haute Route Ski & Sail holiday:
Hiking backpack (30–40 L) – suggested packing list:
- Ski touring / telemark skiing kit / split board kit (available for rent)
- Avalanche equipment (beeper, probe, shovel) (available for rent)
- First aid kit
- Thin and thick gloves
- Two hats (wool and wind stopper)
- Wool underwear and socks
- Helmet and goggles
- Sun glasses and sun cream
- Thin, hiking fleece jacket
- Thin, down jacket for cold days and comfy lunch on summit
- Gore-Tex trousers and jacket (wind and water proof)
- Crampons for your skies (depending on the touring terrain)
- Thermos bottle for hot water, coffee, tea, etc.
- Bottles for water
Large bag for leisurewear and extra gear (100 – 140 L) – suggested packing list:
- An expedition/large bag to keep your gear dry
- Informal leisure wear for dinner and social setting; jeans, chinos, shirt or jumper
- A thick jacket for cold mornings and evenings on deck
- Thick winter boots for snowy and cold days
- Trainers or low Gore-Tex shoes for leisure time
- Extra batteries for your avalanche equipment
- Extra socks and thermals for 3 days of hiking
Avalanche and ski touring equipment can be pre-booked and will be ready on the ship upon arrival.
Extend Your Adventure
It’s understandable that you would want to stay and explore the stunning archipelago.
Our extended itinerary includes:
- 2 nights’ full board accommodation in a private Rorbu cabin
- Sea Eagle Safari & a trip to Henningsvaer
- Deep Sea Fishing and Kayaking
Prices from £989pp. Please contact your skiNorway expert for more information